Posts for tag: invisalign
Is Invisalign treatment right for you? Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces. With Invisalign, you can have the straight teeth you've always wanted. Invisalign has made such a difference in the lives of many individuals. Led by dentist, Dr. James Bourne, Eagle Dental (located in Homer, AK) offers Invisalign treatment to their patients. Here are 5 signs that Invisalign treatment is right for you.
1. You have orthodontic issues. Invisalign treatment from your dentist in Homer, AK, can enhance the appearance of your smile. Invisalign corrects different types of orthodontic issues, including gapped teeth, crooked teeth, crowded teeth, an underbite, and overbite. Invisalign straightens your smile with a series of custom-made aligner trays. The aligner trays continously move your teeth in small increments.
2. You're a teenager or an adult. Invisalign is a great solution for teenagers and adults looking to straighten their smile. Invisalign will allow you to live the way you want to- talking, eating great food, and enjoying activities without worrying about your braces. Invisalign allows you to eat the foods you love, whenever you want. Invisalign aligner trays are removable. You only remove your aligners to drink, eat, brush, and floss.
3. You prefer clear braces. Are you too embarassed to wear metal dental braces? Wearing metal dental braces can be a difficult and emotional problem for many individuals. You can straighten your crooked teeth without a mouthful of metal. Invisalign aligner trays are viretually invisible. No one will even notice that you’re wearing dental braces.
4. Comfort is important to you. Invisalign aligner trays are made of a thermosoftening plastic material created for the treatment plan. The aligner trays are very comfortable to wear, so you'll be able to wear them all day without effort. Conventional dental braces are an effective method of straightening teeth, but metal brackets and wires can be uncomfortable to wear.
5. You want the best oral health. Invisalign treatment can improve your dental health. Unlike conventional braces, you can remove your aligner trays to brush and floss your teeth. Straightening your smile can also result in better oral health. It's difficult to clean between teeth that are misaligned, increasing the chances of dental cavities and periodontal (gum) disease.
The best way to find out if Invisalign treatment is right for you is to consult with our Invisalign-trained dentist. Call Eagle Dental at (907) 235-8574 today to schedule a dental consultation in Homer, AK and get the smile you deserve. You're on your way to straight teeth and a beautiful smile!
Invisalign clear aligner trays are a discreet alternative to traditional metal braces. For many adults and older teens in need of orthodontic treatment, braces can be inconvenient and even a deterrent to getting treatment. Invisalign corrects common bite and alignment issues like crowding or overbite without disrupting your quality of life. Dr. James Bourne, a dentist in Homer, AK, offers cosmetic and general dentistry services at Eagle Dental.
Get Straighter Teeth with Invisalign
Invisalign trays are custom designed to gradually shift your teeth into the correct alignment over time just like braces. However, instead of metallic wires and brackets that require adjustments and are worn for an average period of 18 months, Invisalign trays are removable for up to two hours a day and are changed for a new tray every two weeks. In some cases, the total treatment period may be shorter than with braces.
The Benefits of Choosing Invisalign for Your Orthodontic Treatment
Many people are drawn to Invisalign because of the cosmetic benefits, but there are a few additional advantages for your oral health and quality of life. Clear trays allow you to brush and floss as normal, protecting your teeth and gums from tooth decay and the risk of gingivitis and gum disease. You may also continue to eat your favorite foods. Invisalign takes care of any concerns over how adult orthodontic treatment might affect your professional and social life, and gives you the option to get straighter teeth without the aesthetic issues presented by braces.
In order for Invisalign treatment to be effective, you must be able to commit to wearing the trays as instructed, and keep up with follow up appointments and care with the dentist.
Find a Dentist in Homer, AK
For more information about Invisalign clear aligner trays and to find out if they are the right option for you, contact Eagle Dental by calling (907) 235-8574 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Bourne today.
Wearing metal braces isn't the only way to get straighter teeth. Our Homer, AK, dentist, Dr. James Bourne, explains a few advantages of Invisalign, a popular orthodontic option.
Aligners instead of wires
Do you dislike the idea of wearing metal wires and brackets in your mouth? When you choose the Invisalign system, you can straighten your teeth without the metal. Aligner trays are worn over your upper and lower teeth and are made of soft, clear plastic. Each set of aligners is designed to be worn for two weeks at a time. After the two weeks is up, you'll put the trays away and begin wearing a new set. The aligner trays re-position your teeth by exerting constant, gentle pressure on them.
No need to hide your braces
Some people don't mind wearing metal braces, but others keep their teeth hidden as much as possible when they have them. Because Invisalign aligner trays are clear, they offer a much more attractive alternative to traditional braces. Aligners are designed to fit your teeth snugly, which makes them almost invisible.
Invisalign corrects a range of orthodontic problems
Have you been told you have an overbite, underbite, crossbite or open bite? Invisalign can correct all of these bite problems, in addition to crowding and spacing issues. The system is just as effective as traditional braces in correcting mild to moderate orthodontic issues. If your issues are severe, you may still need to wear metal or ceramic braces.
Invisalign offers a special benefit for adults
You many only need to wear your aligner trays for approximately one year if you're an adult. If you're a teenager, you'll probably wear braces for about two years or longer, regardless of the type.
Invisalign fits your lifestyle
One of the most popular Invisalign benefits is the ability to remove the trays for a few hours from time to time. If you play soccer, basketball or another sport in Homer, you can take your aligner trays out during your games or practices. Some people also prefer to go without their aligners if they'll be attending special events.
Are you ready to find out if Invisalign is the perfect orthodontic option for you? Call Homer, AK, dentist, Dr. Bourne, at (907) 235-8574 to schedule an appointment.
The thought of wearing metal braces is enough to prevent many teens from straightening their teeth. Luckily, Invisalign provides all the advantages of traditional braces without wires and brackets. Your dentist in Homer, James Bourne, DDS, explains how this orthodontic system works.
Invisalign aligners gently move teeth
Tightening brace wires moves teeth into alignment when you wear traditional braces. The Invisalign system uses a series of clear, plastic trays to gently move your teeth into the proper position. Every two weeks, you receive a new set of aligners for your top and bottom teeth.
Invisalign is practically invisible
No one has to know that you wear braces when you choose Invisalign. Your dentist takes impressions of your teeth to create the clear trays you'll wear every day. Since your aligners are custom-made to fit your mouth, they're barely noticeable.
Invisalign treats a range of problems
Invisalign is an excellent brace treatment for mild to moderate alignment issues. Wearing aligners can improve:
- Bite issues (over/under bite, deep bite, cross bite and open bite)
- Spaces between teeth
Popcorn isn't a problem
Eating popcorn and hard foods is usually forbidden if you wear braces. Popcorn is very hard to clean from wires and brackets, while hard foods can break wires. Since Invisalign aligners are removed when you eat, you won't have any food restrictions.
Invisalign offers flexibility
Don't want to wear your braces to the homecoming dance? No problem! Since Invisalign trays are removable, it's perfectly fine to take them out to attend special events or play sports. Although you'll usually wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, taking them out a little longer is fine for special occasions.
Dental hygiene is easier with Invisalign
It isn't easy to brush and floss around wires and brackets. Unfortunately, if you don't successfully remove plaque in hard-to-reach places, you can end up with cavities. Since you'll remove your Invisalign aligners to brush and floss, dental hygiene couldn't be easier.
Want to find out if Invisalign is right for you? Call your Homer dentist, James Bourne, DDS, at (907) 235-8574 and schedule an appointment. Invisalign offers the clear advantage when it comes to orthodontic treatment!